My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Phone Plan (Revisited)

I made a post a while back about changing my phone plan.  Currently I am on the unlimited Verizon plan which is one of their legacy plans.  I get unlimited data, but the hotspot performance is capped to 600kb/s. 

So given that I am home all of the time and almost never go anywhere because COVID, my phone is on WiFi all the time. My data usage this past month was measured in MB. So I think it is clear that I don’t need much in the way of data. 

I have not used the hotspot data either.  In fact, before I hotspot with the phone, I have three USB modems with data plans, and can hotspot from a router if I need to. 

All of this is to say that any decision to move off the current plan can be put on hold, until such time as the  current pandemic is done and I start traveling again.

Thats a decision that help limit what’s rattling around in my brain, and taking up space. Now on to the next decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment