My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Special Forces Shovel Cover

This was a one off that I created for myself.  I picked up one of these special forces shovel just to keep in my truck but I wanted a cover for it.  There were two reasons for this; the shovel itself had really sharp edges and they needed covering, and I wanted a way to carry the shovel if I went hiking.

Shovel Cover Front

The front of the cover is quite plain, but on the back, I put MOLLE webbing so that I could attach it to a pack or a belt.

Shovel Cover back showing the MOLLE webbing
While the edges of the shovel are indeed very sharp, the inside of the cover uses thick plastic to protect the fabric.
It fits!
I still have the shovel and the cover. I was so pleased with the design that I made a second one in black, and I think I still have that one around here somewhere too.

This was a fun one to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment