My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

The Tear Away Panel

 Time for another sewing project I think.  This time the project was a tear away panel or TAP.  These are belt or pack mounted panels with a pouch that attaches via a large patch of velcro. 


The use case for this type of device, is for first aid kits or trauma kits, and these would be carried by military or police. This configuration makes it easy to grab and use in the case of emergency.


The red webbing on the handle makes the panel easy to identify and give the user something to pull on. All in all, this is a simple design but effective.  It's kind of hard to see from the photos, given that all the material is black.

No comments:

Post a Comment