My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

And even more social media

I have a YouTube channel and I really don't do much with it, but several things recently have prompted me to consider starting to make videos.

I use video all of the time.  I use it for research, for learning, study and for entertainment.
At work we use video for SOPs rather than PDFs as more people these days are used to watching video.
I have started watching and following a number of YouTube channels and have found myself really enjoying them.

It's not that I think running a YouTube channel would be easy or I would become a YouTube star; of course not. I highly doubt that there is much that I want to say that would be popular, but rather than write, blog, tweet and IG, perhaps video is a more flexible, creative outlet?

So what would I vlog about?

Well I am still figuring that out.  The subjects that immediately come to mind are those here in this blog:
  • Collections
  • Tech
  • Language learning
  • Organizing
  • Prepping

But there are other things I would consider too, like:
  • Financial Independence Retire Early (FIRE)
  • Travel
  • Cooking
  • Health and fitness

Some of these are because I believe passionately about them, and some just to keep me honest.
Like much of my social media, it would be an experiment; something to try and see how it goes and if I like it.  If I do I could keep doing it, if I don't like it, perhaps I drop it.  After all, I have all the equipment I need right now; 

  • A camera - iPhone SE (4K @ 60FPS)
  • Video Editor - iPad pro

With just these two devices, I can do all that I need to in order to create a basic no frills video. If I like doing this and can gain a little traction, then I can add more equipment and software later.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment