My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Every Day Carry

Every day carry (EDC) is a term to reference those useful items that we carry on a day by day basis.  However, because I am a recluse and never leave the house any more, I really don't carry what I used to carry.  I do however keep a number of items handy that in other circumstances might be considered EDC.

Pocket knife

I always have a pocket knife handy, as they have so many uses.  Most recently of course, opening mail and  Amazon boxes, but there are other occasional uses.  My EDC consists of two knives; a Wenger Evo Grip 14 and a CRKT CEO knife.  
Wenger Evo Grip 14

The Wenger knife is used mostly for odd jobs where I need a general purpose knife, or a screwdriver.  Occasionally the nail file get used, as does the scissors but the tool I use the most is the tooth pick.  I eat a lot of salads and occasionally need to get a tomato seed or similar out from my gums or between my teeth. 

I also keep a CRKT CEO around as I love the slim blade profile and it is great for opening mail and Amazon packages.
CRKT CEO EDC

Phone

I always have a phone with me.  My cell phone is an iPhone SE (2020 model).  I am not a fan of large phones and have considered downsizing further and most likely would if I could find a smart phone smaller than this one. 

My favorite phone was a burner I picked up in the UK. I was there for maybe a week so I picked up a cheap smart phone and SIM (My old phone was CDMA and that is no use in Europe).  The phone I got was a Huawei Ascend Y220 (2014 model apparently)

I loved that phone for two reasons; it was small and it was simple; despite being a smart phone.  I could load all the apps on there I needed, access them easily, and simply.  It was not fast, or blessed with large amounts of memory, but it was enough. 

I guess my phone use has grown over the years now, because I use it to order dinner some nights, alcohol some days, check my finances, and a whole host of other things, but most of these things are just distractions.  All I really need is music for the most part, 

I also have a Smartish Phone Wallet Slayer that I use with my iPhone to carry my drivers license and credit cards.  I have found this to be one of the most useful items I own. 

Watch

I really don't wear a watch that much.  For a while I was wearing a Huawei Honor band watch but I realized that I wasn't doing anything with the data I was collecting.  If I wasn't doing anything with the data, then why wear the watch?

I do have a number of watches to choose from but the one I gravitate to the most is the Citizen Eco-Drive.  I wear it when ever we go out at the moment as it needs to be kept charged.  The watch face of an Eco Drive watch is one large solar panel so you can't keep this in a drawer and expect it to work.
Citizen Eco-Drive

Checking the Citizen web site, it looks like they don't make my model any more although there are a few there that are similar. 

Man Bag

On the occasions when I do leave the house, I usually carry these things along with masks and keys in a bag - my man bag!  I have two main bags for this; a shoulder bag that I wear cross body or a fanny pack that I wear millennial style. 
I am so millennial 

This pic is great because you can also see the phone case that I mentioned above.  I have had the sewing machine out and modified the bag slightly to adjust the straps so it sits better on me.

Bag/Pocket Organizer

When I am rattling about the house, I put the phone, knives and a pen in an organizer.  I picked this one up from Amazon a few months back and it is perfect for carrying the small amounts of crap I like to keep with me.
The ensemble 

I didn't mention the pen, but then I am not a pen geek; that would be my wife, she is the pen geek.  So that is my EDC; what do you carry?

No comments:

Post a Comment