My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Six Sigma Studies

One of my more recent topics of study has been Six Sigma.  I am very conflicted over six sigma because on the one hand, I love what it gives me in terms of tools for process improvement, but on the other hand, studying it is so fucking boring.

I started out doing a course on Udemy.com; Lean Six Sigma White Belt Certification, by AIGPE.  That is a pretty light weight course, but has some good information if you are not familiar with Six Sigma.
I passed that one back in May and have been working on my yellow belt studies since (on and off for 10 minutes a day)
and you get this snazzy little badge!

Once I passed the White belt I did the follow-on course Lean Six Sigma Yellow belt certification, again from AIGPE on Udemy.com.  This one was not a lot harder but did contain considerably more material than the white belt course, so it took a lot longer to get through.  This weekend I decided to push to get it knocked out and take the exam.  Looks like I passed!

oh another snazzy badge!

So what are my next steps?  I think this is enough Six Sigma for this year, but next year I will try for Green belt I think.  Do I need to go for a black belt? I suspect not at this stage but it might be fun to get.  We will have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment