My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Car Preps Update

Based off my previous post about keeping a Bug out Bag (BoB) in the trunk of the car, I thought I would provide an update based on the output of that post.  In addition, while I was updating the bags, I figured I would add some pics that were sadly lacking in the last post.

The updates to the bags are:
  • A pocket survival kit to add to my wife's pack
  • A large folding knife to add to her pack
  • Disposable lighters to add to both packs

The Pocket Survival Kits:

The pocket survival tins are a last ditch survival kit that should be pulled from the pack and put in your pocket. This is in case you ever get separated from you our pack.  The kit has enough materials and tools to start a small fire, set a trap and butcher small animals ... just in case.


As you can see, it is pretty small.

The Photos

And here are the packs, mine is the big one.
His and Hers packs.

The electronics pack - flashlight and batteries, USB chargers and cables.

The gun, multitool and knife

Radio kit

To sum it all up, both packs are simple kits of useful stuff; it will keep you warm, start a fire, help you communicate, make a shelter and in extreme cases, protect yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment