My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

iCollect

 So as the title states, iCollect. Over the past few months I seem to have collected a few i-devices.  Apple loves me I think. 


iPad Pro

This is my main machine, my desktop replacement. I used to be a desktop PC guy, but for a number of reasons (spending too much time playing Command and Conquer, and the fact that I HAD to be in the office to use it) I decided to eliminate it and move to a tablet as my main tool for online tasks.  On this iPad pro machine I do all the stuff that I would have done on my old desktop.  I have no regretted that decision.
12.9” iPad Pro 2020 with Bluetooth mouse

iPad Mini

I like the mini.  It is as capable as the larger iPad (at least it is for what I do - I recognize that the iPad Pro has a lot more processing and graphics horsepower than the mini), but so much smaller.  I generally use it as an alternative e-reader. I love the screen quality, but also the flexibility in use.  I can also chat on Slack, browse Twitter and IG and check my investments.

iPhone SE

My phone of course.  This is the heart of my communications although I almost never make phone calls.  It’s all text, WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal and Slack. And of course a whole bunch of other apps. I even trade bitcoin on this thing.


i-Watch Series 4 (44mm)

This was a hand me down from the wife and it is of course, rose gold.  I don’t wear it although I could wear it as a pocket watch and I have a nice black case for that. However its current use is as a bedside clock, a function it excels at.

The littlest MAC!

Other honorable Mentions

I have a couple of other devices that I use; a Boox e-reader and a Huawei Honor band 5.  The band I use all the time but the Boox has been supplanted by the iPad Mini so I might pass it on to someone via CraigsList. I haven’t decided about its fate yet but I know I prefer the iPad mini to the Boox.  Of course the Boox has the edge in terms of battery usage by a wide margin but at this time I am not sure how important that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment