My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Reorganizing my Bags

See the previous post about bags.  I freely admit that I am a bit of a bag freak. No idea why, but I think it has something to do with my OCD. I like to have stuff organized and I guess bags go along with that. 

Just to recap where I am at the moment with my bag collection, they can be broken up into groups:

  • General purpose (Man Bags)
  • Travel
  • Hiking
  • Prepping
  • Other

General Purpose Bags

I have a few general purpose bags that I keep around. 

Patagonia Minimass Messenger

I like this bag because its not too large, but is big enough to fit my iPad and a few other odds and ends. I can get an umbrella in there and a water bottle, some snacks (you should never be without snacks!) and so on. 

Shoulder Bag

The bag is modified Vanlison Crossbody Small Shoulder Bag.  The flap over the top was a pain in the ass so I removed it.  Now I can open it easily, and the additional storage in the flap is not really missed. I use this bag when walking about town, as I can get my glasses, phone and keys in there, plus a snack and maybe a Multitool or other odds and ends.

Fanny Pack

In much the same way that I use the shoulder bag, I can use the fanny pack, (worn millennial style of course, I am not a boomer).  It’s not too big that it gets in the way but at the same time I can carry a snack, phone keys and SAK.

Now why do I carry my phone and keys in a bag and not in my pocket? Well I am a slob who works from home so I wear sweat pants all the time.  Elasticated for comfort but with no belt, there is no ability to support weight so I spend a lot of time pulling my pants back up.  That’s just not dignified.

Travel bags

  • Cotopaxi 18L
  • Rothco Parachute Bag (70L)
  • eBags Motherload Weekender (42L)

Obviously there has been no travel this past year so I have not used these bag but I will travel again one day so I will keep these around.

Hiking Packs

  • Maxpedition Pigmy Falcon II 
  • Dakine Poacher 32L
  • Small Hydration Carrier

One day I will also go hiking although the bigger pack might also be handy for the shopping.

Prepping

  • 40L Red Lightweight - Apartment BoB
  • 32L Red Lightweight - Car Get home bag

These are cheap (<$20) very lightweight packs and I have them for prepping. The apartment BoB and vehicle get home bag.  I might make separate posts about these bags and their contents.

Other

  • Rothco GI type mechanics tool bag - My apartment tool kit
  • Rothco GI type mechanics tool bag - random stuff
  • Camo messenger bag - Vehicle tool kit
  • First Aid bag - vehicle trauma kit
  • Laptop Case - for the laptop if I ever travel again
  • SOG First Responder bag - range bag, just in case I ever decide to go shooting again.
So what is the point of this blog post.  I wanted to get an idea of what I have and can I simplify this down to a smaller number of bags. Maybe is the answer I think, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment