My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Victorinox Tinker

Lately I have really been into the small (58mm) SAKs but this week I picked up a slightly larger one; the tinker.  Now I do like this as it feels a little more sturdy than the small knives as it is an intermediate sized knife.  To me, this just feels like a traditional Swiss Army Knife.

There are two sizes of Tinker; the larger 91mm but this is the smaller 84mm.  And here you can see it compared to my trusty Classic SD.


The tools are what you would expect from a Swiss Army Knife, but rather than a corkscrew, it has a fairly substantial screw driver.  Lets face it, who has time to drink when there is screwing to be done.



Its basic but compact and useful enough, although I have never used the reamer for anything.  I also rarely ever use a small knife blade and I am not sure why a second smaller blade is needed. But then I have also never used a SAK to open a bottle of wine with the corkscrew tool - I always have a larger corkscrew on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment