My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

The cocktail of the Day

Yesterday, my wife and I were having brunch and as part of brunch we had a cocktail.  The cocktail in question was a Beija-flor (or hummingbird in English).  It was a delightful apricot flavored drink and went down very well. 

I figured, how hard can it be to make this so I thought I would have a go at home and with that in mind, I snapped a pic of the menu that gave the basic ingredients.
I don't have Cachaca or any sort of apricot liqueur, but I do have basic white rum and apple liqueur so I figured lets make an apple flavored one.  I tried a couple of mixes but to no avail, I just could not get it to taste good.  So I gave up; this weeks cocktail is a Daiquiri.

As I had the rum out, I figured I would try my hand at a Daiquiri.  And I have to say this one tastes pretty good.  The recipe is simple; 2 parts rum to 1 part lime juice and a splash of simple syrup, shake and pour over ice.
Doesn't look like much.

I must say this tastes great, most enjoyable on this alternatively sunny and rainy afternoon.   Any idea what I should try my hand at next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment