My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Lightweight AR15 rig

I was bored the other day and I thought, I don't have an AR15 chest rig.  I have a belt rig (a sort of patrol rig), but I wanted a very lightweight chest rig.  I don't have plates and I see this as more of an emergency deployment rig.

I have a 3 mag kangaroo pouch which is perfect as I can carry 3 x 30 round AR mags and 3 x pistol mags (most likely a Glock 19).

Kangaroo Pouch


All the pouch needs to create the chest rig is a way to attach it to my body. I used the MOLLE straps on the back of the pouch to secure a chest belt.  The belt is attached by adjustable buckles so I can pull it nice and tight, wear it over something bulky (in winter). 


The top and back strap form a sort of halter top, again adjustable with buckles. As this is a lightweight rig, this is all that is needed to hold the weight.  


The whole rig is very adjustable, which given the variation in weather here, is a good thing.  When I get the chance I will try this with some weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment