My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I have been archiving big chunks of my life and every now and then I will post a part of it.  Today's post is about my old concert and festival tickets.   I love live music and to this day still go to concerts.  Back in the day I used to take my tent and camp out at festivals as well; not so much nowadays.

This dates back to the 17th August 1985 and Donington Park, UK for the Monsters of Rock Festival. As you can see from the poster, its an interesting line up.

Poster (Not Mine)

I have been a Magnum fan for many years so I could not pass up the chance to see them and Marillion.  Back then I really hadn't heard of Metallica or Ratt so that was just noise, and Bon Jovi I remember as uninspiring.  ZZTop were of course excellent and I went to see them again but thats another festival.

The Ticket (This is mine)
Sadly cell phones and digital cameras were not a thing back then so I don't have any photos of the festival but I am sure there are some online somewhere, bound to be.  I am going to go and look and wallow in nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment