My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Today's Smoothie

I love a cocktail and I love a smoothie.  When I can combine the two, I am even happier.  I often make smoothies at the weekend, so the smoothie for today is a mixed fruit smoothie.  The ingredients are as follows:

Makes enough for two people:
  • two handfuls of frozen mixed fruit 
  • Half a peeled English cucumber 
  • 6 fL oz of pineapple juice
  • 6 fl oz water
  • two shots of Cointreau
I don't have a blender but I do have a food processor so I use that to blend the smoothie,  Served over ice in a tall glass with a large straw.
And this is what you end up with.

I am getting to the bottom of the bag of frozen mixed fruit so there is a lot of cranberries in there giving it that deep purple color.  It tastes smooth with a hint of the Cointreau but no real alcohol taste which is what I wanted. I wasn't going for something I could get hammered with, rather something I could enjoy one or two of,  

So there it is, today's smoothie.  Let me know if you try this and how it worked for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment