My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Full Back Tattoo - Part 3/6

Two weeks after the last session, I had my longest session yet. I was at the shop for about 11 hours, and under the needle for about 9 hours.  I don't think I want to go that long again.  So far, we have invested 22 hours in this full back tattoo.  And here is the result:

if it looks sore, its because it is ...

So now I have the three major elements in place; the ship, the lamp and the flintlock pistol. There is still a considerable amount left to do; add the moon and clouds, add color (there is some to add) and then the final touch ups.
Can you see my skull and bones in the rocks?

One thing we did not talk about when we started putting the artwork together was the bottom of the piece.  After some discussion, we decided on rocks and a partial skeleton in the rocks, perhaps from a previous wrecking.

I have crabs

If you look very carefully, there is a crab on one of the rocks. I have not named him/her/they yet, so dear reader, feel free to suggest a name or two.  This was a long session so I am going to give this some time to heal before I go back for the next session.  It might even be after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment