My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

AR15 Magazine Bag

The AR15 magazine bag was a design I put together many years back.  The idea was to have a bag that could carry maybe half a dozen AR15 30 round magazines.  No one ever came out of a skirmish claiming they carried too much ammo!

I played around with a number of prototypes and this was what I came up with.  The bag was small, easy to carry and although not pictured here, had MOLLE webbing on the back to allow connection to a pack or vest if necessary.  With that said, the bag came with a 1.5" webbing strap.

The Bag

This version was able to hold 4 x 30 round mags. Any more than that and it was too heavy really. The picture above shows the webbing strip inserted in the bag to keep the mags organized and easy to retrieve.

Mags tip forward to easy retrieval

The bag flap was quite long and this was deliberate. The flap could be folded back (when carried as a bag rather than using the MOLLE webbing) and the length of the flap allows it to be tucked in behind the bag and the buckle can be used to secure it.

Nice big buckle closure

I didn't make too many of these. I think because if you are carrying a lot of ammo, you generally have a chest rig of some sort, with a capacity of 4-8 mags.  The only folks who might carry something like this is someone with a patrol belt where only 2-3 extra mags are carried.

No comments:

Post a Comment