My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

LinkTree

A few weeks back I discovered Linktree

What is Linktree?

Linktree is a social media link aggregator, sort of.  For example, if you have a blog, Instagram and Twitter accounts that you want people to follow, you can add these links to your Linktree and just publish your Linktree.  There are two tiers; free and paid (pro).  The free tier has fewer features than the pro, but if you are a social media influencer, the pro version gives you a lot of tools. 

It is an interesting idea so I got myself a free account and set up a basic Linktree presence. 



The app is optimized for mobile use, but does work on full web browsers just fine, and has a web interface for configuration that gives you more capabilities than the mobile app interface.

I just like the idea that I have my blog, Instagram and Twitter accounts tied together in a nice simple package that I can refer people to.

This is what it looks like in Safari on my iPad:


Notice the line of icons under the main links for social media; Instagram, Twitter, Discord, YouTube and email.  What I need now perhaps is a QR code to point people to my linktree.

How to create a QR code.
Given that I am a simple and humble blogger I don't need anything complicated so a 10 second Google search got me to https://www.flowcode.com/.  Now just about any of these QR code sites want you to open an account. I am mostly ok with this so I followed the instructions for the Free QR Code Generator. 

And here is what I ended up with:


Does it work?

No comments:

Post a Comment