My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

With the new year comes a new SAK

As you know I have this ongoing love affair with Victorinox Swiss Army Knives. I recently decided I needed a larger SAK in my EDC pool. Currently I have a Jetsetter, Classic SD and Hunter Pro; there is a lot of difference in size between the Classic SD and the hunter Pro!

It’s so big!

One of the SAKs I relay like is the Compact. It is as the name implies, a compact Swiss Army Knife, having a single blade, and a host of other tools in a compact arrangement.

In all its glory

The knife has the usual SAK tools that you would expect; the bottle opener/screwdriver, scissors and knife. It also has the parcel hook, corkscrew and the scale tools; the tweezers and toothpick. It also sports a pin and an ink pen.

The pin is very useful for resetting routers and other electrical equipment.  This picture also shows the addition of a small screwdriver that fits into the corkscrew. I have several of these and they are good for small repairs to glasses.

I have also added a paracord lanyard to the knife, as the SAKs don’t have pocket clips. I like to use the lanyard to secure the knife to my belt.

And that’s about it for this knife. It will be used for most of the tasks I have been doing with the Classic SD, but the larger knife will feel a little more solid when opening larger boxes and so on. And I am sure I will open a few bottles with that bottle opener which is something you just can’t do with the Classic, 

No comments:

Post a Comment