My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Nitize

Nitize make some interesting pocket and keychain tools, and I have a fascination with some of these small things, finding them to be very useful for the odd little job here and there.  I recently picked up the Niteize DooHickey to go with my other Doohickey and the Skullkey

Clipkey, KMT-01-R3 & Skull key

I actually don’t carry keychain tools as much as I used to, rather I favor carrying a multi tool or SAK, but I still like to collect them on occasions. 


DoohicKey ClipKey

This little tool has a belt loop or keyring clip, a bottle opener, screwdriver tip, and box cutter/scoring edge and a serrated cutting edge.

I can see limited usage for this too but I don't think it is a tool I would carry frequently

DoohicKey KMT-01-R3

This one, much like the previous tool, has a clip for a belt loop or key ring. The end of the tool is a large flat head screwdriver or small pry perhaps with a bottle opener, small ruler, Box Cutter, and Wrench (1/4", 5/16", and 3/8"). 


The screwdriver could be very useful for opening battery compartments and of course as a screwdriver. As an IT guy I often open battery compartments and sometimes they need a little leverage to get them open.

DoohicKey Skull Key

The skull key has a basic bottle opener, serrated cutting edge and a flat screwdriver/scoring point. It’s a handy device to have on a key chain and can open blister packs, Amazon boxes and could cut various cord types. 
Skull Key

All of these tools are essentially the same, performing limited functions based on form with no real moving parts. They have their uses, and if I did not carry the CRKT KERT I would carry one of these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment