My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

My First Big Ride

Now that I have my Versys-X, what next? Do I just go out and enjoy it, or do I blog about it. Well you know I am going to blog about all my bike related activities.  So here goes.

After getting the bike, a few weeks ago, I have taken the odd short trip about town, but I decided it was time to take it for a bit of a run. Now given that the bike is brand new, it came out of the show room with one mile on the odometer, I need to break it in. According to Kawasaki I need to keep the revs below 4000rpm for the first 600 miles.  This is of course laughable because at 4000rpm even in 6th gear you might be doing 40mph and would in danger of being crushed by passing vehicles. 

For most of my short trips I have been keeping the revs no higher than about 6000rpm, and they get varied a lot as I navigate traffic and go up and down through the gears. 

However the long(ish) trip that I took, I did bring the revs up to about 7500rpm, and it seems just fine with that. I did not record the ride this time but I have ordered a quad lock for my phone and might get myself a camera and start to record some of my rides.   This ride was about an hour 20 minutes and covered about 55 miles, getting me almost to 100 miles on the clock!

No comments:

Post a Comment