My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Back in the Saddle - 2/4

Part 2: Shopping & The Testing Process

Now that I have made the decision to get a bike and become a fair weather local rider, I have to go about the task of getting my riding gear and my license.

I started by going to my local bike dealer for a mooch about.  We don't have that many bike dealers in town but my local dealer is a Kawasaki dealer with a good selection.  I walked out of there with an appreciation for Kawasaki adventure bikes, and I managed to get a helmet and gloves

The local bike shop (Elite Powersports of Longmont) pointed me in the direction of a local motorcycle school called ChainReaction.  After a brief email conversation I booked myself in for a two day training course.

As part of the training and because the training is put together by the MSF, I had to take the MSF online course, all 5 hours of it.  

I also paid a visit to the local Cycle Gear store for a jacket and some boots.
This is my gear list:
  • Shoei RF1400 Helmet
  • Read Tasker Waterproof Boots
  • Alpinestars C-1 V2 Windstopper Gloves
  • Street & Steel Mission Moto Shirt
I consider this the bare minimum and as the year goes on I will add a better jacket, maybe another pair of boots and more gloves. I may even get another helmet as it never hurts to have a spare helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment