My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Cocktails: Cape Cod and The Bear's Den

I am going to talk about two cocktails that I am fond of here and both are cranberry based.  I like cranberry juice, especially pure cranberry.  It's not sweet and can have quite a tart bite.  In fact, I am quite fond of fruit in general, especially berries so it was a foregone conclusion that I would enjoy a nice raspberry liqueur.  In this case Chambord.

The Cape Cod

Lets start with the basic Cape Cod.  It's a cranberry juice and vodka mix in a ratio of 4 parts cranberry to 1 part vodka.  I think its an extremely refreshing cranberry drink but if this is a little too tart, turn it into a bear's den.

The Bear's Den

By mixing Chambord raspberry liqueur with cranberry juice, one ends up with a cocktail called a bears den.  This is one I have only ever seen on the internet and have never seen at a bar, but I had a go at making it, and all in all, its pretty good.

        Fill a glass with ice and add:
1 oz Chateau Monet® Framboise raspberry liqueur
6 oz cranberry juice
        Stir with a long spoon and enjoy the deliciousness.

Simple but tasty.

And then there is the franken cocktail I made today; a bears den with an additional shot of vodka because I turned a cape cod into a bears den.  A cape cod bear's den if you like.

This made a very pleasant end to a sleepy Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment