My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Another Blast from the Past

I believe I have mentioned a few times in previous posts that I like to sew.  About a decade ago I had a colleague who used to shoot with an AK47.  So for practice, I made him a lightweight AK chest rig.

Nice camo pattern

Going from my memory, I believe the camo pattern was SURPAT, favored camouflage pattern of the Russian FSO.

The build consisted of three full size magazine pouches, with shoulder straps going to a MOLLE pack panel.  The panel then had straps running to the bottom of the chest piece.  All in all, it was a solid and stable rig.  The material was 1000D Cordura.

The smaller magazine pouch on the right of the rig was for his pistol, although I cannot for the life of me remember what that was.  Maybe a Glock 21.

I just wish I had a picture of the completed rig.  I am a fan of the camo pattern though.

No comments:

Post a Comment