My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Bug Out Around Town (BOAT)

The BOAT is a Bug Out Around Town kit.

I have an interest in survival, but most survival articles are based around wilderness survival.

This idea is based on a survival tin, but is focused towards urban survival where items like trapping and fishing kits are not all that useful. I put this together as an experiment.  What would one need for urban survival. 

This is the second one i have created. The basis for the kit is a cotton buds plastic box: As you can see the box is pretty well packed and closed with a rubber band.  The other side of the box is taped and the tape holds a few coins.


The contents


The contents of the box are:


    Band AIDS         | First Aid 

    Drugs             |


    Small sewing kit  |

    Safety Pins       | Emergency repairs to clothes or gear


    Lighter           |

    SAK Classic SD    | Tools

    P38               |


    Compass           | Navigation


    Whistle           |

    LED light         | Attract Attention


    6 Quarters        | Vending Machines

    $20 in notes      | Emergency taxi ride / vending machines



The whole thing completed

The Coins

It’s a decent little kit and stuffed in a commuter backpack or man bag, could come in very handy for those in town emergencies.  I am writing this up in 2021, so a while after I first put this together. I think that knowing what I know now, I might add a laser pointer, and a mask. I might even drop the lighter.


No comments:

Post a Comment