My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Classic vs Classic SD

I have a number of Victorinox Classic SD 58mm pocket knives.  I am sure you have one of these little pocket knives or you have owned one. I think many of us had them as kids, I know I did.  But did you know, there are two versions, the Classic and the classic SD.  But what is the difference?

Can you tell which is which?

At first glance they appear the same and they mostly are.  We can see the body of the knife is the same and the tools are essentially the same.  However if you look closely at the nail file you can see the end design is different.  On the Classic nail file the end is a sort of gentle point and that is used to scrape under the nails to clean them.
See the difference?

With the Classic SD, the end of the nail file is a small flat screwdriver.  That small screwdriver can be used for a variety of tasks so this gives the Classic SD a little more usefulness than the Classic. 


Which one do I prefer?  I don't have a strong opinion either way.  I like having the small screwdriver but I honestly don't use it that much as I usually have other tools around me that have better screwdrivers. However I have not scraped my nails with the end of the Classic nail file either.

Which one do you prefer and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment