My Personal Interests

My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to the right...

Gerber Compact Keychain Knife

I recently picket up this little best.  It's is a Gerber Gear 30-001691 Key Note Compact Keychain Knife.  It has a one Inch blade, and as you can see comes in my favorite color, black.  Now this is a little chunky for a keychain knife, I am not sure I want this on the zipper of my anorak.

Chonky little fella.

It has a small tab to flip the blade open and a substantial belt loop. I have not carried it on my belt, I am not sure how that would work. I have also not carried it on my keyring as it's a bit heavy for that so i am not really sure where this fits.  With that said though, it is very well made and feels very solide when in use.


The blade is nominally 1" but as you can see from the pic it is a little irregular in shape however it has 2 cutting edges and really feels more like chisel than a knife. For cutting up boxes, opening Amazon packages and other types of packages, it works really well, and is very sharp right out of the box.

I like the knife and it is a good addition to my collection, but I am not sure where this would fit in real life. Maybe hooked to a pack or belt as a last ditch emergency knife perhaps but even then, there are better options.  Good solid knife though.

No comments:

Post a Comment