My Personal Interests

Topics My personal interests are many and varied.  In this section of my web site I describe and document them.  Please use the labels to th...

Modding the Navi - Part 4

In this post we are going to fix the helmet lock.  As it leaves the factory, the helmet lock is completely useless.  There is not enough gap between the lock assembly (a piece of bent steel) and the chassis to be able to get a helmet D ring in there.

So you need to open up the gap for the helmet lock to work.  I recommend a large flat bladed screwdriver and a towel.  Use the towel to protect the paint work

Fixed!

Just a gentle push is all it needs to move the metal a few millimeters.  This will allow your D ring to pass unhindered, and allow you to still lock the seat in place.

Close up!

And that is it, this is an easy mod.  You don't even need to do this if you don't use the helmet lock.

No comments:

Post a Comment